The Village consists of 120 one- two- and three-bedroomed terrace houses, with ramps provided for wheel-chair access. All but two of the houses have their own garages.
Click the image to view an example of a 1 and a 2 bed roomed house
INTERIOR MAINTENANCE OF UNITS
Owners are responsible for maintaining the interior of their units, and for the costs of such maintenance.
However, the assistance of our staff is available on request with minor items which some of us can no longer manage, such as: changing light bulbs; cleaning bathroom skylights; changing tap washers, and cleaning toilet filters.
Each resident pays a monthly levy, depending on the size of the unit. Levies cover the following expenses:
- Exterior maintenance of all the units.
- Refuse removal.
- Internal telephone service (Residents pay for external calls only).
- Insurance of all buildings, and the common property.
- Water consumption.
- Management expenses including salaries and wages.
- Maintenance of communal buildings.
- Grounds maintenance and lawn-mowing services.
- Replacement of furniture, fittings, equipment and consumables.
- Any other approved communal expenses.
Units have their own garages, with space in front of them where visitors may park. There is also parking available around the Community Centre.
Pets are permitted in Bergville, subject to the approval of the Trustees.
Dogs: one dog of a breed and size which will be happy in a restricted area is generally acceptable; and dog-owners are permitted to fence off a small area of the common property for their pet.
Cats are permitted, provided that they are kept within the unit at all times.